|February 13, 2006
For Immediate Release:
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA: We would like to thank all of our customers who purchased Corsa CS1 data systems (“the big black box”) from 1993 through 2002 when it was discontinued. However, all things must come to an end. So that Corsa can continue manufacturing cost-effective data acquisition systems, we have created this End of Life Policy for our original system.
CS1 End of Life Policy
- Parts, service and support for CS1 systems will no longer be available after January 1, 2007.
- We are offering a discount program for original owners of CS1 systems. Until January 1, 2007, you can exchange your old system for up to $500 credit toward a new wireless Corsa Data Logger.
Note: When upgrading, older style sensors will still work with our new Data Logger. An inexpensive adapter cable may be required for some sensors.
- Please call or email to get an RMA before mailing in any system in for repair.
- Within two weeks of getting your logger, Corsa technicians will examine it, determine if it is repairable, and contact you with diagnostic results and a repair estimate.
- If repairable, typical costs are $100 to $200 and take a minimum of two weeks.
- Due to part unavailability, some systems may not be repairable. Those that are not repairable are still eligible for the trade-in program.
- CS1 repair service will be discontinued January 1, 2007.
- Telephone support for CS1 systems will end January 1, 2007.
- Until that time, support is only available for the current version of WinCorsa, build 108 and later. Customers who have purchased used CS1 systems with older software will be required to upgrade to the latest version ($150) for support.
- Sensors, cables, and related stock items for CS1 systems are available as current inventory levels allow. Replacement parts may not be stocked.
For additional information, contact Corsa Instruments,
Inc. 2370 Abbot Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, www.corsa-inst.com,
(888) 201-7010; (734) 761-1545 outside USA.